Hubble Studios is a full-service partner for digital learning solutions, based in Cape Town, South Africa.
As a Technical Lead Developer at Hubble Studios you will be part of a team that creates custom e-learning solutions that combine creative design, educational content and intuitive learning technology, for a sophisticated user experience. We work with some of the top brands locally and internationally, and our approach is grounded in Service, Creativity and Premium Value. This means it’s important for us to work with someone who is service-oriented, open-minded, and truly proud of the work they do.
Technical Lead Developer
As a Technical Lead Developer at Hubble Studios you will be responsible for defining the technical direction for the software development team, and for delivering technically relevant and appropriate solutions to our clients. You will be working as a Senior Developer alongside the Development Team Lead to mentor and advance the team.
- Assume the role of a senior software developer who would report directly to the Chief Technology Officer as a Technical Lead Developer
- Ensure that the most appropriate software, tools, and methodologies are being used by all developers in line with development standards, policies and best practice
- Draft technical specifications & briefs, making critical technical decisions on the technology stack used by the entire company and clients
- Provide leadership to the rest of the Software Development Team by providing technical guidance and ownership for all projects – lead the technical architecture and design of all software solutions
- Work across all internal services including the primary website, LMS (Learning Management System), Student Information Service, CMS (Content Management System), Student Support Desk, and custom software solutions
- Work closely with the Development Team Lead in assessing and managing the overall Software Development Team
- Mentor other software developers to help improve their technical competency, while ensuring that the software development team produces clean, structured & well documented code
Requirements and Technical Competencies
- A relevant degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 6+ years’ experience in web development, with a significant proportion of that experience in the LAMP (PHP or Python) stack
- 3+ years’ experience in a lead developer role, leading teams of four or more, with a genuine interest in advancing others
Advanced and demonstratable experience in the following:
- JQuery, React, Bootstrap
- Continuous integration, test-driven development, automation (both test automation and task automation with Grunt or gulp), Git (or similar distributed source control solution), DevOps
- Deploying solutions to and managing AWS (or Azure)
The following skills would be advantageous
- Experience in Angular and/or TypeScript
- Experience in developing native mobile applications (either native, or using a framework like Xamarin)
- Experience in another software development stack (.NET or Java)
Why work with us? Interesting projects, creative ownership of your work, career growth and fun, and professional teammates.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience and qualification
Location: Ndabeni, Cape Town
Job level: Mid/Senior
Duration: As soon as the right person is available
To apply click here.
A good cover letter and clean CV are required for your application to be considered.